Thursday, October 11, 2012

Don't forget about Magnesium


When it comes to low energy, fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, and a host of other conditions related to magnesium depletion, I have found Natural Calm to work wonders. I used to take the magnesium supplement, Natural Calm, and for some reason I stopped for a while. Over the past month I noticed I was waking up not completely recovered from the day before, my legs felt heavy, and I was more tired than usual. I added 2tsp of Calm back into my supplement repertoire every evening, and it's made a huge difference.

Background on Magnesium: 

Magnesium is the most important mineral, activating over 350 different processes in your body; among these functions are energy production, digestion, energy production, bone formation, muscle function, activation of B vitamins, creation of new cells, relaxation of muscles and the functioning of your heart, brain, kidneys, as well as the nervous system.

Minerals like Calcium need Magnesium to be absorbed properly. Half of our magnesium is found inside cells of body tissue and organs and the other half combined with calcium and phosphorus in our bones. Only 1% of the magnesium is in our blood and therefore magnesium deficiency is hard to detect as our body fights hard to keep an adequate level in our blood and will take it from other places which reduces the chance of detecting any magnesium deficiency we may have.

Benefits of Magnesium:
  • Helps fight insomnia
  • Receive relief from muscles cramps or Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS)
  • Anti-stress properties
  • Prevent osteoporosis when paired with Vitamin D
For more information on Magnesium go HERE.
,

No comments:

Post a Comment