Wednesday, December 12, 2012

BEAST MODE Carrie


Carrie attends my Tu/Th 6:30am Level 2 boot camp at O.Henry. The longer she is involved in CrossFit, the more I see her competing in races and events across town. Last weekend she took on the Spartan Beast Race, which is no easy endeavor since it's a half marathon with obstacles. Not only did she complete the race, Carrie placed 13th in her age group!

Carrie writes--
The race was awesome. I felt like it was basically an extended boot camp session. Lots of carrying sandbags uphill, rope climbing, wall climbing, bear crawling, jumping over logs, running (total of 13.5 miles), burpees 15-30 (as penalty for failed obstacles), monkey bars, the list goes on and on. I felt really strong and proud throughout the race and wondered if I could've done anything like that a year or so ago.
It was my first real adventure race so I was kind of clueless as to what to expect. Turns out, I finished in the top 1% in my age group, gender, and overall!!!
Thanks for pushing and challenging me, Meg!

I am so proud of Carrie! What do you do outside of working out to show how far you've come with your training?

No comments:

Post a Comment