Monday, May 18, 2009

Called to be Free

I was in Chicago from Thursday night through late last night, hence my lack of writing over the past couple of days. I attended Creating a Dynasty with Carey, Crystal, Nicole, and JDP. Absolutely amazing!

Have you ever thought about how your mind is programmed? Are your job and current circumstances the way they are because that is what society told you? Are you chasing after your goals and aspirations or mindlessly running after what everyone else thinks is "the best" for you? Do you remember the "Brady Bunch" song or the the lyrics to "Fresh Prince of Bel Air?" I hear those songs and I can start singing away. But why is it that I can forget my dreams so quickly? Maybe because my mind is clogged with crap from the media, negativity from others, my own fears....it is trash.

I learned this weekend how vital it is to be mindful of what passes through my mind. I will not live my life by default but by design. My behaviors will mimic what I believe. I will work "as if." No more fear and excuses. I am called to be Free.

You can't have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time.
--Charles F. Kettering


No comments:

Post a Comment