Wednesday, May 22, 2013

HCL

Last week I discussed the importance of supplementing with magnesium. The next supplement I recommend for a baseline protocol is hydrocholric acid (HCL). This is actually the 1st supplement I would recommend for multiple reasons.
  • Improved sleep
  • Improved digestion
  • More stamina
  • Better body composition
  • Improved absorption of vitamins and minerals-- specifically, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, B9, B12, beta carotene, Vitamin C
The solution is to achieve adequate stomach acid for digestion in order to break down and absorb essential protein and nutrients. Before you take another supplement or eat a nutritious, organic meal packed with protein and antioxidants, please, please, please test your stomach acid! If you don’t have enough stomach acid to break down food, all your careful (and expensive) supplementation and meal preparation will be ineffective.

Some common symptoms of HCL deficiency include the following:
  • consume a meal and gastric upset-- belching, gas, bloat
  • see partially digested food in toilet
  • skin rashes
  • ridges in nails
  • leg and foot cramps
  • constipation
Stress and radiation reduce acidity in the stomach which is why HCL deficiencies are so common. 98% of people are HCL deficient.

When I took the HCL test, I found out I was extremely deficient and am now supplementing with 1400mg per meal. My digestion has drastically improved and my stomach does not cramp after every meal. If you are interested in testing your HCL levels, give me a shout and I can coach you through the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment