Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Magnesium


I'm on day 2 of my BioSignature certification in Rhode Island. I am learning so much and feel much more equipped to coach my clients towards their goals, specifically involving nutrition and supplementation. Over the next few weeks, I will be discussing on my blog a base line supplement protocol that I recommend for everyone. Today is magnesium.

Last night I got to try a new magnesium product by Charles Poliquin, Zen Mag Liquid Px, that just hit the market today. It was pretty cool trying a product before the public could purchase it today. The product is designed to help replenish magnesium stores and improve sleep. My result-- I slept like a baby in my hotel room last night.

Zen Mag Px features the unique, patented chelated mineral Magtein™ which is a magnesium chelated to threonic acid (magnesium L-threonate). It is considered superior to other forms of magnesium at penetrating the blood brain barrier. Magnesium deficiency is associated with many neurological health issues such as anxiety disorders and memory loss. Zen Mag Px can support:
  • Recall
  • Relaxation
  • Sleep
  • Cognition
  • Age-related memory decline
  • PTSD
  • Anxiety
  • Phobias
  • Depression
  • Anti-aging
If you're not taking magnesium, you should be. Most Americans are extremely deficient. All hormones are affected by optimal levels of magnesium. If you want to boost testosterone levels, improve muscle mass gains, prevent osteoporosis, manage cortisol levels, and improve body composition, then this supplement is a must in your daily regime. Women need a minimum of 1200mg and up to 2400mg; men need 2000mg-4000mg. Go on the higher dosage end if you workout. To restore magnesium levels, you should use multiple forms of magnesium to prevent loose stools. The best way to test magnesium levels is have your doctor run a red blood cell magnesium test-- 6.8mg/dL is optimal and 4.2mg/dL is the lowest value.  

If you are interested in having your BioSignature done, email me at showoutmeg@gmail.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment