Thursday, September 16, 2010

Act of Kindness



"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." -Aesop

Last week was Michele's birthday who is in the NEW 8am Tu/Th Relentless Boot Camp at Barton Hills Elementary. Michele is well on her way to achieving her fitness goals. Consistent. Hard worker. One of the kindest women I have met. I felt appreciated for being invited to a birthday party with only knowing a handful of women, but then given the opportunity to meet and encourage the other ladies that their fitness goals are within reach...only 1 boot camp class away.

Which leads me to the "Slight Edge." I am currently listening to this book on audio. My car has become a ShowMobile University. I am learning all kinds of good stuff every time I turn on the ignition. It definitely makes the driving from 1 boot camp to the next that much more inspiring. Over the past 4 days I realized even more so how critical it is to do the day-to-day things to make any dream a reality. It is easy to think, "Oh, I'll call them back later. Oh, I can skip working out just this week; it won't be a big deal. Oh, I can have just 1 dessert a day and it won't matter. It's just one." NEXT. It is all about the Slight Edge. Over time these habits compound on each other and the result is not what you want. Are you making excuses to justify your own actions. Think about it...

Do you have the Slight Edge?

No comments:

Post a Comment