Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bear in the House!

I coach an array of clients in my classes. One of my newest boot campers is Max (aka: Bear). He attends the 5:30am Tu/Th Deep Eddy class thanks to his friend & boss, Susan, in the class inviting him. In a months time, he has significantly improved his speed, strength, and flexibility. Bear forwarded me the news clip below from this week, and I thought it was too entertaining not too share. As you can see from the picture above, the airplane ride was an experience in and of itself.

---------------------------------------

Some candidates require a lot of their campaign managers, but Max might not have fully appreciated what he signed up for.

Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson has his own unique campaign style. He sent us the following note about a day on the campaign trail.

Patterson wrote, "As you know I’m traveling around Texas in my 1944 Stinson observation aircraft, which is a genuine “warbird” that was actually flown by the USMC in the 1945 battle of Okinawa. My campaign manager, Max is relegated to the back seat of this 2 seat fabric covered airplane. There’s of course no air conditioning and due the fact that the aircraft with its plexiglass roof gets fairly warm these days its frequently necessary to stick your head out to get some fresh air to avoid “queeziness”."

Do you have a unique story or job adventure? Has CrossFit helped you make it through your everyday duties more at ease? Post comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment