Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Road Map

Have you heard of Whole9? If not, check out their website. It is full of all kinds of information regarding nutrition. I came across Whole9's Guide to Nutritional Off-Roading yesterday; I prefer to call it a Road Map to being your best self. The flow chart is exactly how I coach my clients. I am a big advocate on balance and making lifestyle changes that one can incorporate forever.


Currently, I am working with a client and her statement to me was the following, "I want you to ask me, 'Is this something that makes me my best self?'" For example, you are on a dinner date with your significant other, and the meal you have is not 100% on point nutritionally, but the dinner signifies a new beginning in your relationship, time together, breaking through painful barriers... If that is the case, then enjoy yourself. Similar to the 80/20 rule.

I write this blog not as a means to justify poor food choices, but as a big picture to understand why you do what you do. Are you being your best self?


No comments:

Post a Comment