Monday, June 25, 2012

PCOS: Herbal Tea


A bunch of the PCOS blogs and websites recommend a hand full of herbs to include in a daily regimen. I made a visit to The Herb Bar on Mary St. and bought an array of herbs that I used to make an herbal tea. The herbal tea was a great kick start to my journey, but I do not see myself buying the herbs all the time to make tea. It is a bit time consuming; however, I will be taking Black Cohosh via a liquid form from Sprouts. Below is what I put in my tea bulb and brewed. Not the best tasting but I know it was beneficial.

  • Black Cohosh- Acts as a uterine and ovarian tonic and a pelvic anti-inflammatory
  • Dandelion Root- A great liver tonic. This helps cleanse your liver and remove the build up and toxins that accumulate. A lot of menstrual problems/infertility issues are made worse because the excess hormones tend to “back up” in your liver. Dandelion Root will help keep your liver working properly which will help it rid your body of all the excess “crud” you don’t need
  • Dong Quai- Helps restore a normal period along with strengthening your blood and vital energy associated with the female reproductive system.
  • Saw Palmetto- This herbal remedy stops the production of, and helps breakdown DHT. It has also been shown to have anti-estrogenic effects. Helps regulate estrogen levels. This can further assist in the regulation/removal of the excess DHT, regulate hormones, increase libido, and help with weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment