Wednesday, July 25, 2012

No more flip flops!


WOW! I just watched the above Mobility video by KStar, and I will officially never wear flip-flops again. Since January my foot has gone from plantar fasciitis, to achilles tendonitis, to now my achilles and calcaneus bone ache all the time.

I am doing the following for treatment:
  • 15 minute ice bath up to mid-calf on days I workout
  • Weekly Airrosti treatments
  • Trigger Point on my calves
  • Stretching calves
  • Sleeping in a Strassburg sock
  • Not running, but rowing--- which is driving me nuts!
One thing missing is changing up my daily foot wear and eliminating flip-flops. I wear Reefs all summer long and sometimes even in the winter-- it is TX. My mission now is to find a stylish pair of summer sandals without the flip-flop toe separation. If you have any suggestions, post a comment below.

As KStar stated, and I firmly agree--- ATHLETES DON'T WEAR FLIP FLOPS.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I did not know that flip flops did this! I have never had a problem personally with wearing them but this video has definitely opened up my eyes. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete