Friday, November 9, 2012

Ironman 70.3


Sean attends my Tu/Th 6:30am Level 2 boot camp at O.Henry. He started class in June this year and has seen huge progress over the past 6 months. 

Sean writes-- 
I've been an athlete all of my life & have always enjoyed distance running, but was experiencing minor aches and pains that were limiting me from going on the long runs I liked. I was stuck and frustrated. Within weeks of training in the bootcamp, I noticed that my low back was stronger and I'd actually worked through the discomfort. The bootcamp got me in shape so that I could get serious about training for the ironman 70.3. The transition into the training was easy because my core was strong after just a few months in the camp. In the ironman Austin 70.3, my first triathalon, I ran my fastest half marathon time ever and I give credit to the speed cardio work from the bootcamp for that. What I enjoy most is the people in our camp and especially my coach, Meg Parsons who is the very best at what she does. I'm a stronger runner and cyclist now because of her bootcamp and have my sights set on a full ironman in 2013.

I am honored to coach hard working, dedicated athletes. Boot camp was the catalyst for Sean to truly push his athletic potential. What is it for you?

A big congrats to Sean!!! I can't wait to hear what's next on his competition schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment