Thursday, November 29, 2012

Vision Wall

If you can dream it, you can see it. If you can see it, you can do it.
 Last year around this time John Henry came and spoke to some of the coaches at CrossFit Central. Not only is he a leading force in the financial planning field, he teaches and challenges you to dream the unthinkable. It may sound like a simple concept, but I dare you to dream the biggest dreams you can possibly imagine and try to not find a way to justify how it's completely impossible to make those dreams a reality. Unfortunately, the older I get the childlike faith and imagination I once had becomes a challenge to live daily.

Since last year I have focused on simply dreaming. This is different then setting goals, which I highly believe. I am not trying to figure out the what, how, and when of the details; I am simply allowing my imagination to run wild. It's one of the most invigorating exercises!

I started vision boarding about 2 years ago thanks to Carey Kepler's encouragement. Since then I have also created a Vision Book that holds pictures of all my dreams. On Thanksgiving Day, I realized I wanted to take some of the pictures I had taped to my Vision Board into my book and saw this was not going to happen without the pictures ripping. Then the light bulb came on and I had a better idea--- create a Vision Wall.

I have a blank wall in my room and have now added pages from my Vision Book to my Vision Wall. The pages can come down or be added to at anytime and nothing is ruined. As I see pictures in a magazine, I rip them out and add them to my wall. The Vision Wall is an ever-changing wall, because my dreams are forever changing and growing.

My wall is now covered with clothes, watches, vacation spots, jewelry, rings, family, fitness, and words that identify with who I am and where I am going. The picture above is only half of what is in my Vision Book.

I dare you to try it. Dream the impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment