Friday, November 16, 2012

Warrior Dash success

Barbara pictured 2nd from the far right at Warrior Dash

Barbara and Jenny attend my Tu/Th 8am Level 2 boot camp at Barton Hills Elementary. Both of these gals have been in class with me over a year. Jenny came into class as an avid 1/2 marathon and marathon runner so she naturally had a strong endurance base for class. However, over the past year she has been able to run less while incorporating CrossFit and still compete and come out strong in races. Last weekend Jenny placed 3rd in her age group at the Warrior Dash!

Barbara joined class to simply get into better shape. Fast forward a year later and she's swinging a heavier kettlebell, doing pushups on her toes, participating in free workouts, and competing in races on the weekends. Barbara writes--

I would not have participated in the Warrior Dash without boot camp, not a chance. At every obstacle I depended on the strength and stamina I have built with you. More than that, I had fun exercising. Boot camp gave me that, too.

I am so proud of both of these ladies! This class is full of energy, with a sprinkle of social hour, as many of these ladies live in the same neighborhood and their kids go to school together.

Are you looking for a group to connect with and hold you accountable weekly to your workouts? Check out our Level 1 and Level 2 boot camps all around Austin.


No comments:

Post a Comment