|2012 USA sprint relay team|
- Burn more belly fat with sprint intervals- The reason anaerobic interval training works so much better is that your body is forced to burn fat to sustain the level of intensity being asked of it. It also elevates energy use for more than 24 hours post-workout, which has a dramatic effect on belly fat loss.
- Sprints take less time than aerobic intervals- Participants did either 20 weeks of aerobic training or 15 weeks of intervals (15 sprints for 30 seconds each) and lost nine times more body fat and 12 percent more visceral belly fat than the aerobic group.
- Sprints improve hormone response for more belly fat loss- Anaerobic exercise also elevates growth hormone (GH) —a powerful fat burning hormone that helps restore tissue and build muscle.
- Strength train to lose belly fat
- Anaerobic training produces less cortisol for more belly fat loss- By doing aerobic training without strength training, you will lose muscle, lower your metabolic, rate, and gain fat. Worst of all, high cortisol causes chronic inflammation, which lead to belly fat gain over time—all-around bad news!
If you want to look like a sprinter, you got to train like a sprinter!