Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013 Training


I am pretty excited about my  new training protocol for 2013. I always consistently workout, but when it is left up to my own programming, it is easy to only work on the things I am good at versus where I need to improve. With that being said, I spent a few days over our holiday break and mapped out what made the most sense for me given my still injured foot/Achilles and my fitness goals for 2013.

What I do know is that I need a combination of metabolic conditioning and strength training to be in the best shape. One without the other does not work in my favor. I have incorporated CrossFit, CFE, Gymnastics WOD--specifically, the Flexibility, Quality, and Practice components, and Strictly Strength. For CFE, I am using a rower or stationary bike for the long interval day and tempo/timed trial days, and I am trying to make it to the track for short intervals days. Eventually I want to be on the road running but until the foot heals, the rower or bike is a must.

Below is what I have mapped out for the year:

Monday
Warm-up: Gymnastics WOD
CrossFit conditioning: pull WOD from website for CFE Strength & Conditioning
Endurance: Short interval (done 3+ hours before/after above)

Tuesday
Strictly Strength

Wednesday
Warm-up: Gymnastics WOD
CrossFit conditioning: pull WOD from website for CFE Strength & Conditioning
Endurance: Long interval (done 3+ hours before/after above)

Thursday
Strictly Strength

Friday
Rest and/or work gymnastic skills with Coach Chelsea Ross

Saturday
Tempo/Timed Trial

Sunday
Rest

After 3 months, I may only do 2 CFE WODs a week and alternate between a short and long interval but keep the tempo/timed trial. It all depends on my recovery and attaining my goals. What does your 2013 training schedule look like? Have you made any changes/additions? Let's hear it in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment