Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Running...


Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run. -Monte Davis

I run my very 1st 1/2 marathon in February. Over the next few months I am changing my interval training days on the track to more distance on the road or mile repeats. My friend & fellow boot camper, Michelle, emailed me the quote above. It reminded me of when I was in high school and I would go on a long run after getting upset with my parents, arguing with a boyfriend, or just having a lousy day. The endorphins truly do go to work and clarity appears.

I am excited to watch my mental toughness and physical endurance increase over the next few months. Training at SICFIT Austin and 1 (maybe 2) days per week of longer runs, and I will be ready to crush the Austin 1/2!


Watch out friends for all the mental clarity that is to come over the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment