Saturday, February 19, 2011

Zucchini Pancakes

One of Relentless Boot Camps new up and coming coaches, Jessica Clark, tweeted about Zucchini pancakes. After reading the simple ingredients and directions I knew I wanted to try them.

All that is needed is coconut flour, eggs, zucchini, salt, and pepper. View the complete recipe HERE. I did not have enough zucchini so I also included eggplant.

WARNING: I bought a food processor on Thursday to make this recipe and had a few hiccups. There is clearly a difference between using the shredding disc vs. pulsing the food. The zucchini and eggplant were "processed" a bit too much and became runny; however, the final product still tasted great. It just did not look as fabulous as the Balanced Bites picture.

I paired my Zucchini pancakes with chicken sausage. YUMO!

I am trying the sweet potato pancakes tomorrow morning before the LIVESTRONG Austin Half Marathon. The Paleo way to "carb load."

No comments:

Post a Comment