Monday, April 16, 2012

Age is only a number


Track is my 1st love. I made my typical visit to Westlake track last Friday and met 2 of the most sincere, hard-working, full-of-life men--> Lamar & Rob. These guys were warming up, doing track drills, running sprints, and then ending with Dynamax med ball work after the track workout. 200 repeats were on the schedule for them that day along with Lamar working on his hurdles.

After our conversation I was inspired and reminded that age is only a number. You can do anything if you put your mind to it. Rob (pictured on the right) has lost 90lbs! He's an ex-athlete who has a new found love for fitness and health. Check out his blog about our track visit.

After talking with them more I learned about the track circuit in Austin and how I can be more involved. Check out the schedule for Track For Life HERE. Plan on seeing me out there this summer. I might even have to sport some Michael Johnson gold spikes.

Is there anything you stopped doing athletically because you thought your time had passed? If so, I encourage you to give it a try again. It's never too late. I'm inspired all over again. Friday was a morning where I saw the miracles of Jesus in the making. I changed my schedule from the original plan and it turned out to be the perfect morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment