Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Setbacks are gifts

Me and my roomie being SHOWOUTS!

"Often people attempt to live their lives backwards: they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then, do what you need to do, in order to have what you want."

Being present is one of the most important things yet one of the most challenging things to do. By nature, I am go-go, fast-paced, non-stop, check stuff off my list day in and day out. However, this becomes a liability when I do not take moments to be present and accept my circumstances. Today I am inviting myself to see my battle with PCOS as a blessing. I have been saying for a year that I will write in a national publication. I plan to use my story of conquering PCOS as a platform to write on a larger scale. 

I have no doubt I will be able to relate with more women through this journey. As of now, I have learned more about the female endocrine system, supplementation, and diet than I have in years. I feel like I am back in graduate school again, and I love it. For me, the mundane is my biggest enemy. I need to constantly learn and expand my knowledge and perfect my craft. Each day I am more comfortable in my own skin and thankful for the body God has blessed me with. Instead of constantly thinking nothing is good enough, I am reshaping my thoughts and living in the moment.

What setback can you view as a gift? Share below in the comments section.


No comments:

Post a Comment