Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Morning & Post workout shake


I am changing things up a bit for my morning pick-me-up and post-workout shake. Based on recent literature and advice from experts in the field, I have rid my morning ritual of caffeine (Spark) and my post workout shake (whey protein). For the next few months I am trying the following:

Morning: 1 scoop of Athletic Greens, 1.5 tsp Vitamin C, 1 scoop of AminoCore
Post workout: 1 scoop of Athletic Greens, 1.5 tsp Vitamin C, 1 scoop of AminoCore

I am on day 3 and feeling great! The goal is to blunt the cortisol response and alkalize the body first thing in the morning and post workout, as well as load up on muscle building branch chain amino acids (BCAAs). The combination of the products taste good together. I found the Vitamin C product at People's; it's all natural and taste like cherries. The AminoCore is simply the bomb and found at Total Nutrition.

DISCLAIMER: There is nothing wrong with Spark or Whey protein. I recommend it to all my clients. It was simply time for my body to make a change as I have been on the products for years without taking some time off. And as we all know, too much of something is not a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment