Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sisters Without Blisters


Jenny, Tina, and Celia attend my Tu/Th 8am Level 2 boot camp at Barton Hills Elementary. Last weekend they ran the Texas Independence Relay along with a crew of other ladies. The relay was a 200 mile run with 40 relay legs. Not only did they break the Women's Masters record for the relay -- they were the overall top women's team this year!Way to go Sisters Without Blisters.

Tina writes-
Leading up to the 200 mile relay, I was super nervous. I was worried about letting my team down. I hadn't been running. Work and life were crazy; typical for so many of us. The only thing I was consistently doing was CrossFit once a week. Looking back now at my pace and how well I did, I am convinced that what got me through the race was the endurance I had built up doing CrossFit for nearly 2 years. Also having Megan's voice in my head saying "you can do it!"  and of course, a little bit of stubbornness helped. Thank you, Megan! 

Jenny writes-
When I was training for a marathon and not doing boot camp, my upper body would get really fatigued during my long runs. At a certain point, my arms would even start aching! That was totally not an issue during the relay, even after four legs. 

I am so proud of these gals! Who's next for testing their endurance training without running your body into the ground? April classes begin on Monday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment