Wednesday, July 28, 2010

8 weeks and Beyond



"You have a choice. You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off your face."- Gatorade Ad

The quote above could not be more appropriate for this time of year. It is blazing hot. No 8-week challenges to help stay the course. It's summer break. Vacation time. The list can go on and on for all the reasons to say "NEXT" and that you need a break.

However, I realized today how thankful I am to coach athletes who hold each other accountable and are consistently applying all the nutrition skill sets they have learned over the past year. As a coach, it is so empowering to see clients come together and help each other up reach their goals, then as a byproduct, I get to see their success in class and outside of class. Seeing clients truly make lifestyle changes and improve their quality of life beyond an 8-week challenge is truly rewarding.

It has been a month since the completion of the Trojan Challenge, and I could not be more proud of the athletes I coached that are continuing to online food log and hold each other accountable post Trojan challenge. I wanted to share an email exchange I was copied on amongst them this week about a recipe (pics of the breakfast above).

Speaking of recipes…I have to share my bfast with you all.

I had leftover egg whites from making a horseradish garlic sauce(recipe in paleo for athletes cookbook.YUM!) for our buffalo steak and veggies last night and so…..for bfast mom and I had……

Egg white crepes with veggies!

4 egg whites

A bit less than a ¼ of a cup unsweetened coconut milk (approx. amount)

Whisked that together.

Heat a 10 inch skillet

I used coconut oil

Pour a thin layer of egg mixture…cook about a min or until you see edges brown and then cover for about 30 sec to a min to cook top.

Slide out and then fill with whatever you have one hand

I used leftover grilled zucchini, grilled jalapeno, and grilled avocado (yes..grilled..delic) and also mixed in fresh spinach and garlic!

Wrap, eat and ENJOY! So amazing!

Who holds you accountable each day?



No comments:

Post a Comment