Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dream Big

(2 favorite men in my life minus my Poppie...Dad & Brother)

"Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements." -Napoleon Hill

I remember growing up and sitting on my Poppie's lap (aka: my grandpa) and him telling us ghost stories one minute, and the next he would be reading us a story from the Bible. I am extremely close to my Poppie. He is the only grandpa I ever met. My Dad and him are a lot alike. They both are big on encouraging us to follow our hearts, paint a vision, and believe in the impossible.

The past 2 weeks have been crazy busy and awesome. Finding funds to travel to L.A. for the Games. Paying for a trip to Playa to celebrate Jason & Christina's wedding. Beginning a new month of programs. Working with a new personal training client. Attacking goals I've set out for myself & Relentless. Starting a new workout regime. Then today as I was driving home, I gave my Poppie a call. Tomorrow he goes in for a major surgery. I took a moment after the phone call and remembered how blessed I am to be a part of a family who loves me, believes in me, and has high standards for me.


This weekend I will remember how he fought for our country and how much he loves me. I am sending nothing but positive vibes to him. I can't imagine him not being around to see the blueprints of ultimate achievement that he help lay the groundwork.



1 comment:

  1. Thoughts and prayers to your dad! I have not had a chance to spend much time with him, but the time spent was a pleasure. He is one amazing guy and look what an amazing person her created! Love you guys

    ReplyDelete