Coach Heather and I each bought 1 gallon tubs of Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil and our order arrived today. Woohooo!!! I am so excited to have this oil just in time for Thanksgiving and to start implementing again in my diet. It is by far the best coconut oil I have ever bought. I tried all kinds of different brands from Whole Foods and Sun Harvest and none match up to the flavor and purity of this oil. I dare you to try it and see what you think.
TOP TEN REASONS Why I love Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil:
1) Unrefined coconut oil.
2) This coconut oil is made on Mt. Banahaw and surrounding areas from organic coconuts.
3) Coconuts are used fresh (within 24-48 hours of harvest) from small family farms on Mt. Banahaw and other rural places in Quezon Province, the coconut capital of the Philippines.
4) Only the highest quality coconuts are hand-picked from each harvest. The volcanic soil of Mt. Banahaw makes these organic coconuts some of the most nutritionally rich coconuts in the world!
5) Testing done in independent laboratories reveals higher levels of phenolic antioxidants than other coconut oils.
6) The fresh coconut meat is shredded (wet milled), and then cold-pressed using the water from inside the coconuts to make coconut milk. The milk is then allowed to sit for about half a day, while the oil naturally separates from the heavier water. The oil is then filtered from the curds (coconut solids).
7) No chemical or high-heat treatment is used, and this oil contains no trans fatty acids.
8) They do NOT mass produce this oil. It is made by families who are coconut farmers using old-fashioned traditional methods that have been used in the Philippines for hundreds of years.
9) The coconut trees and family producers are certified organic according to strict USDA standards. The families who produce the oil are also trained according to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards and re-certified each year.
10) Has a long shelf life due to the high antioxidant properties.