Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Contented living

(pictured: My youngest sister = Best friend. Encourager. Support. Bucket filler)

"Nine requisites for contented living: Health enough to make work a pleasure. Wealth enough to support your needs. Strength to battle with difficulties and overcome them. Grace enough to confess your sins and forsake them. Patience enough to toil until some good is accomplished. Charity enough to see some good in your neighbor. Love enough to move you to be useful and helpful to others. Faith enough to make real the things of God. Hope enough to remove all anxious fears concerning the future."

I asked myself today---How content are you? The passage above provided some clarity in the thought process.

1) Health enough to make work a pleasure. --CHECK. ClearLLLLLy I  L-O-V-E my job! I am in the business of getting people healthy. Changing their lives from the outside in.

2) Wealth enough to support your needs. --1 day at a time. Each day I learn the more I help others the more we all win. Give first then receive.

3) Strength to battle with difficulties and overcome them. --CHECK. The support group I have from my family, friends, and within Trinity Training Systems is as strong as steel. The Circle of Trust within my core group is what pulls me through seasons of difficulties and allows me to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

4) Grace enough to confess your sins and forsake them. --CHECK. Praise Jesus I am a Christian and He forgives when I ask.

5) Patience enough to toil until some good is accomplished. --Patience is a virtue. Always a work in progress for  me.

6) Charity enough to see some good in your neighbor. --We all come from a different place and have our own "story." I remind myself of this when I struggle to see the good in others.

7) Love enough to move you to be useful and helpful to others. --CHECK. Learning to love myself more daily allows me to have the ability to give back and love others. Always a work in progress for me.

8) Faith enough to make real the things of God. --CHECK. Without my Faith, I would not be where I am or who I am today.

9) Hope enough to remove all anxious fears concerning the future. --CHECK. I believe in a peace that surpasses all understanding. I chase after my dreams with the hope, belief, and trust that I can change the world.

I gave myself a solid 6 CHECKS and the remaining 3 are a work in progress. I am content, BUT I am also beyond motivated to take the 6 CHECKS and make them more meaningful and the remaining 3 to move closer to contentment. By nature, I am never fully content; however, I do believe in recognizing all I have to be thankful for, where I am, and where I am going.

Where are you on the 9 requisites for contented living?

No comments:

Post a Comment