Monday, May 14, 2012

Climbing in a Fire Suit


This Saturday I am racing up the Frost Bank tower for the 3rd year in a row for the Fight for Air Climb. The past 2 years I have done really well and actually won the entire race for the female division. On Saturday,  I am kicking it up a notch and racing up the tower in fire gear! The Austin Fire Department has generously offered to donate pants, coat, and boots for me to wear. This still will not fully mimic the actual fire fighters since I will not be wearing a tank; however, Saturday will be an entirely new experience. Bring on the lactic acid.

Each year I compete in this race I am more enrolled in the process. As many of you know, my Poppie passed away with cancer 2 months ago, and now my Mima has been diagnosed with lung cancer. The climb on Saturday is for them. I am climbing in honor of my grandparents and the fight against ALL cancer.

Help me reach my goal of $300 by this Friday by donating HERE. I promise to represent the CrossFit Central & Relentless community well on Saturday morning. The next goal is to meet a firemen that looks like one of the guys pictured above =)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your family. You are a fierce competitor. Have a great race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jesse! He's in a better place so I am at peace. Saturday will be great! I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete