Monday, July 20, 2009

10 years later

(of course I would be coaching my classmates on how to do pull-ups off a house)

10 years can fly by in a hot second. It was my high school reunion this past weekend. I saw girls I played ball with, old crushes, classmates that made me laugh through classes, ex-boyfriends, and good friends. So much and so little can change in 10 years. A bunch of my classmates are married with kids and very domestic. I must admit my life is pretty much polar opposite than a lot of people I graduated with from school. Going back to the city where I grew up brought back so many memories. I had not been there in 5 years but nothing had changed. The town was still as simple as I remembered it; the beauty of a small town.

I learned this weekend that you make your life what you want it to be each day. I realized that I can be judgmental at times and think someones life is not as "good" as mine because it is completely different than my life. I realized that I still care deeply for certain people. I realized simplicity can be bliss. I realized that some things never change. Most importantly, I realized how much I love my life 10 years post high school. I love where I am and who I am surrounded by daily and even more excited about where I am going.

No comments:

Post a Comment