Tuesday, July 14, 2009

2009 Games

Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. --John Wayne

I don't even know how to describe the 2009 CrossFit Games. Intense. Brutal. Fun. Hard. Crazy. Random. Warm (definitely not TX hot). Cold. Drizzly. Exciting. Sad. Humbling. Motivating. Inspiring. I could go on and on with a list of adjectives, but the bottom line is CrossFit Central went to Aromas to kick some ass and that is exactly what we did.

I am blessed to work and train with some of the fittest individuals in the world. Watching Carey, Crystal, and Jess compete made me so proud. I have been working out with those ladies since January and seen them get stronger, faster, and mentally tougher. All those days of ripped hands, sore backs and legs, handstand pushups, 100s of thrusters, and endless tabata squats paid off. Ladies-- WAY TO SHOWOUT! Y'all rocked it!!!

On the plane ride back from California I was asked by another CrossFitter if CrossFit Central breeds Thoroughbreds. I laughed and then I said, "Absolutely." Those days when you get tired of hearing a coach telling you to stay in your heels, open your hips, get below parallel...realize those details are some of the things that separated the good from the great at the Games. Keep up the hard work CrossFit family.

RESULTS

Carey Kepler 3rd fittest woman in the world!

Crystal McReynolds 9th

Jeremy Thiel 16th

Lance Cantu 34th

The CrossFit Central Affiliate team came in 2nd



No comments:

Post a Comment