Thursday, October 15, 2009

Celebrate with pushups

One of my good friends, Emily, emailed me the following article the other day and she said it reminded her of me.

Emily writes, "
I’m sure you’ve heard of this guy Jack LaLanne. He’s a 95 year old fitness guru and the city of SF celebrated his birthday WITH him by all doing pushups. That is so going to be you – doing pullups in your nursing home at age 90+ (that would be jealousy in my tone, not sarcasm!!!)"

I, of course, laughed and absolutely loved it. That is exactly one of my goals. I want to be remembered as someone who made a difference in someone's life. A woman who represents fitness and health. A person who celebrates life. My Dad tells all of us kids that he is going to out live all of us. I will definitely give him a run for his money.

How do you want others to celebrate your 100th birthday?


No comments:

Post a Comment