Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weigh & Measure

Do you weigh and measure? I will admit I was very hesitant to Zone. The thought of weighing and measuring food sounded crazy to me and a bit over board. Simply eating Paleo or gluten-free/dairy-free was a much better philosophy for me. Two weeks ago I decided I would give the Zone a try and see what I thought.

The first day I was made aware very quickly that I was not eating near enough carbohydrates. When you get your carb sources from mainly vegetables and 1 block of fruit that ends up being a lot of food. I also realized that I was eating far too much "good" fat. Avocados, almonds, walnuts, almond butter, coconut oil, olives are just grand--but too much of a good thing will not get you to your fitness goals.

My scale (pic above) is my new best friend. It really helps me with getting enough protein in my diet and not going under or over. I highly recommend getting one. I found mine at Central Market for $25.

I am all about balance so I will not take the weighing and measuring to the extreme. However, I do challenge each of you to take it up a notch. Zone your meals and snacks for a week and watch the changes take place.

I am available for Nutrition consultations if you need some help tweaking and figuring out your Zone blocks. I am at 6 block carbs, 14-15 block protein, and 18-20 block fat. Every one is different. It is important to find out what works best for you and your goals.

Level II Nutrition Meeting at CrossFit Central on Tuesday, October 2oth at 7:00PM. In order to attend you must bring 30 days of completed food logs with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment