Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Striving for Fullness


"Real joy comes not from ease or riches or from the praise of men, but from doing something worthwhile." - Sir Wilfred Grenfell

Last night I attended the Impact Austin Speaker Series with Carey. Kristin Armstrong and Caroline Boudreaux were the featured guests. Impact Austin's motto is ordinary women making an extraordinary difference. Both of these ladies hit a huge turning point in their life at age 28 (my age). A lot of what they had to say last night really hit home.

I am now 1o months in with working at CrossFit Central, and I could not be happier from a career perspective. I can honestly say what I am doing on a daily basis matches the desires of my heart. Just like the quote above by Grenfell, I am experiencing true joy in my life from my career. However, I still feel there is something missing. I cannot pin point it quite yet, but I feel it. I just know I am at a point in my life where something big is about to happen. Something that pushes me out of my comfort zone. Something that requires me to persevere and dig deep. Each of the speakers last night said they define success as peace and being full. In other words, contentment, freedom, alignment--their intentions matching what they are doing daily. That absolutely made sense to me. There is something still out there that will happen and allow me to then say--I am full. Until then, I will stay the course, persevere, put 1 foot in front of the other. I will not quit.


1 comment:

  1. Good post Meg! Great things are in store for you, I know it!

    ReplyDelete