Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Celebrate Success

(Lauren & Sean working out in the M/W 6:15pm Little Stacy Park Relentless Boot Camp)

Team ADONI$ is wrecking shop in the Trojan Challenge. We are celebrating success today! Below are a few recent happenings since the challenge kicked off 3 weeks ago.

Cassie-- "I just returned from a two day conference in Chicago and managed to eat paleo the entire time - wasn't even tempted with pizza!  I've cut out all wheat from my diet over the last three weeks and have also gone dairy-free with the exception of one Tblsp. 1/2 & 1/2 a day in my coffee.  AND my bootcamp buddy Brooke told me my butt looked smaller when we were running last week. YESSSS!!!"

Emily-- "I have been feeling like I have had more energy and definitely feeling stronger in my workouts. I also noticed that through my busy work days I have been feeling the urge to just get to my workout - I am actually looking forward to it which is huge!"

Sean-- "I can vouch for Emily looking noticeably more trim, more Adonis-esque that's for sure. I'm diggin' this challenge." I've been fitting into my 'skinny shirts,' I ran the trail faster than I've been able to in a long time, and I can now bust out pull up sets of 8 like they're nothing.  My goal of being able to wash my clothes on my abs isn't looking so distant anymore!

Lindsey-- "I feel a lot better since I've changed my diet. I've lost 2-3 lbs and I can see the outline of my obliques!!"
 
This week Lauren started a recipe swap of a variety of vegetable dishes her and Sean have created. What new recipes have you incorporated into your diet? Post recipes in the comments section below. 

Roasted Cauliflower
Mix 1 1/2 TB olive oil, 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, and 1/4 tsp ground coriander. Cut the cauliflower into florets and dip into the mixture. Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake for about 25 minutes (or until just tender) on 450°. I've tried it with curry powder instead of coriander and it's really good, too.

Brussel Sprouts Salad
Slice the brussel sprouts thinly. Grease a frying pan with olive oil on med-high and add 1-2 TB mustard seeds. Let cook for 1-2 minutes, add the shredded brussel sprouts. Stir occasionally until fragrant and lightly browned. Remove from heat, add 1-2 TB lemon juice and less than 1/3 c chopped pecans. Season with pepper.

"Squash Browns" (nice side for breakfast!)
Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise, remove seeds, and bake rind side up on 375° for 30-40 minutes. Scrape out the insides (should resemble pasta) and let cool in a separate bowl. In a separate dish, beat one egg and add diced onion (about 1/2 onion). Add the squash to the egg mixture, mix well and spoon out 1/4 c squash mixture onto ungreased frying pan on med-high heat. Let brown on each side before flipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment