Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Child's Potential

I opened an unexpected card from my Mom yesterday. To preface, I never get cards from my Mom unless it is for my birthday so this came as a big surprise. She mailed me a paper clipping of a devotional that was written on my birthday titled--- A Child's Potential. The last paragraph of the clipping read...

As we lovingly provide to our children godly instruction from God's Word, we should encourage them in their interests and giftedness so that they might become all that God has planned for them to be.

I read that paragraph and smiled so big and was reminded of how loved and supported I am by my family. A big shout out and thank you goes out to my Mom. She supported me every step of the way when I took a 180-degree career path change 2 years ago, because she knew this is where my heart and passion lies. When I switched from an Information Systems Business degree to an Exercise Physiology degree in undergrad, she was right there cheering me on. No judgment. Only support and love.

I am a CrossFit Coach! I am in a career path that I love. I am a CrossFit Coach! I am so proud of where I am and where I am going. I am a CrossFit Coach!

Do you have someone to thank for encouraging you to pursue your interests and giftedness? If so, tell them today!

1 comment:

  1. Megan,

    I love this post!

    Thank YOU for ecouraging me to pursue my interests and giftedness. As someone who has been in my shoes before, I truly appreciate your guidance and support. You have been a true "Go Giver". I am forever grateful.

    ReplyDelete