Thursday, April 14, 2011

TGIF vs. TGFT


I start every Monday with the lovely crew pictured above; the 8:30am MWF class at Lake Pointe. These ladies are some of the most encouraging, supportive, and hard-working group of women I have met.

I remember the days when I would wake up on Monday and already be thinking of Friday. I lived for the weekends. Each day was a dread. Trust me, this is no way to live. January 2009 I quit the TGIF lifestyle and started work at CrossFit Central.

Fast forward 2 1/2 years later and my life is Thank God For Today (TGFT). I wake up each day with a new fervor, drive, determination, and endless possibilities. I am creating the life I want. I choose to be a part of something bigger than myself. I am surrounded by a team that I consider to be some of my closest friends. We dream big. We work hard. We are diligent. We believe we can change the world.

Don't get me wrong, each day is not sunshine and lilies; however, it is so different. It's a complete paradigm shift from TGIF to TGFT. How do you live each week? Life is too short to live for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment