Sunday, January 11, 2009

6 month Journey

March 2007

March 2008

May 2008

December 2008

December 2008

December 31, 2008

The past 6 months have been an incredible journey. I started working out at CrossFit Central this summer (June 2008) to simply mix-it-up and try some thing new. I have always been a workout junkie so paying to join a class was a huge deal for me. I am not the type of person who needs inspiration or motivation to continue to workout to stay on track; I just needed a change (and Jess said I must try it). Growing up as a daughter of a football coach, you naturally gravitate to fitness and sports. I have always lifted weights, run, etc. My degree is in Exercise Physiology. I LOVE FITNESS! Here it is now over 6 months later and so much has changed.

Let me count the ways...
1) Lost 25lbs- never knew how much extra fluff I was actually carrying on my body
2) Comfortably wear a size 4 or smaller- skinny jeans fit me!
3) NEW CAREER- I am now on my way to working part-time as a coach with CFCentral and my goal is a full time coach; as well as working with Mark
4) New friends
5) I can do pull-ups- Only a few but I can actually do them
6) Kick some ass- I am strong and I got yo back =)
7) I made a set of parallettes
8) Faster- bring on those 400s and 800s
9) Stronger- I enjoy doing max lifts now and not afraid of throwing around heavy weight
10) Food is fuel- I've always eaten pretty nutritiously but now I understand the true meaning of Zone and Paleo
11) Dream bigger- CF pushes my mental toughness but in the end I believe I can do anything!

SHINE IN '09!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Girl you look amazing! Rock it in 2009!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Megan, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woah!!! i cannot believe you have lost so much weight! congrats meg!! so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHOWOUT! ur my hero, maybe i should do crossfit too!

    ReplyDelete