Monday, August 22, 2011

Needing more

My friend, fellow Coach, and Golden Girl-- Jess Clark
I am thankful for my friends! If it wasn't for them, I would be sad. I find myself needing to be around my sisters and friends more often than usual. I have been missing my brother and Mom and Dad quite a bit. The past couple of days I have woke up completely on the wrong side of the bed and for no apparent reason. Honestly, my life is pretty amazing right now, which is why I get mad for being down in the dumps.

Do you have days like this?
 
I love my independence and coming and going as I please. However, I have felt this emptiness, void, loneliness that I have not experienced in a long time. I am battling the fine line of marveling in the wonderful world of singleness versus the need and desire for true connection. I am learning very quickly the old saying-- you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Where is the balance? I believe it is possible to have a career I love while simultaneously having a relationship and a family. But it's hard to hold on to that belief when so many people around you exhibit the complete opposite. Am I living in a make-believe world?

Today I declare no more Sunday Syndrome, a case of the Mondays...


1 comment:

  1. Showout, a wise friend of mine (YOU) once reminded me to have faith. I think that applies here as well. :) You're on an amazing journey - I'm blessed to be able to enjoy the ride with you!

    ReplyDelete