Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pumpkin Bars

Words of wisdom from 1 baker to the next...there is a distinct difference in baking soda and baking powder. I learned this 1st hand when making Pumpkin Bars. Below is the recipe I used from Elana's pantry. In the instance where I used baking powder instead of baking soda, the bar came out tasting great but not near as fluffy and moist. I advise following directions (insert laugh).

Ingredients:
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup agave nectar (next time I am trying a combo of mashed banana and applesauce)
2 eggs
1 cup almond flour
1/4tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4tsp cinnamon
1/4tsp nutmeg
1/4tsp cloves

Directions: In food processor combine pumpkin, agave, and eggs. Pulse for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and pulse for 1 more minute. Pour mixture in 8x8 greased Pyrex dish. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment