Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pumpkin

This time of year has me feeling all festive. The smell of fires and Christmas trees, the taste of pumpkin, and the feel of fuzzy/warm socks puts me in the winter mood no matter how much I try to fight it due to my Sun Goddess tendencies. This past Sunday I wanted to embrace the winter vibe and make something that included pumpkin. I visited Elana's Pantry website and made the pumpkin bars. Quite delish and the perfect treat for a gloomy Sunday afternoon. The pumpkin bars are something I would have sparingly due to the use of agave nectar in the ingredients.

I had my fair share of canned pumpkin left over so I decided to whip up a random snack this week (see the picture above). The mixture looks like baby food but smells and tastes way better. It consisted of the following:

Ingredients-
~1/4 cup pumpkin
1/2 scoop of protein powder - I use this protein.

Directions- Mix together and enjoy.

Quick, simple, protein-packed, no sugar added snack and just enough carbohydrates from the pumpkin. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment