Thursday, December 22, 2011

What do you want?

"The indispensable first step to getting things you want out of life is this: decide what you want." -Ben Stein

This time of year is when I reflect on what I have accomplished over the past year, and where I want to go in the new year. A trend I follow year after year is laser focus on my career goals and very little time dreaming in the spiritual realm and focusing on personal goals. In 2012 I will have balance between the two. Both are extremely important to me; however, one should not take precedent over the other.

I think it's easier for me to get fired up about career aspirations because a team is involved. In 2012, Relentless Training Systems is launching our new 6-week Boot Camps along with streamlined programming across all Athletic Training classes. My goal is to have 375 athletes in Relentless by the start of the round 2 of Boot Camp on April 2nd.

A new adventure for me this upcoming year is I will be competing in a figure show on July 21st. I have never done anything like this before, and I am super excited to take on this  journey with Clarkie. The extra nudge from her is what convinced me to take a leap of faith to train and compete in something new. Mark it down...I will win.

I am enjoying every bit of my 2 week break from coaching Athletic Training classes and catching up on some much needed sleep. I am also enjoying this time of clarity and deciding exactly what I want just as Stein states above.

What do you want out of 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment