Saturday, January 17, 2009

KISS


Keep It Simple Stupid.

I am sure most have heard of the KISS philosophy. I agree, the Stupid part of the acronym could be left out, but let's be honest, KIS is not near as catchy as KISS. This year I am focusing more and more on keeping life simple. This philosophy is so easily applied to CrossFit. The workouts can be done anywhere-- at a park, bedroom floor, gym, parking lot, anywhere. Every morning I use the tiny space in front of my bed to work on my handstands and different exercises on my parallettes. My room is where I completed 1000s of burpees during the 100 Day Burpee Challenge. KISS.

Nutrition is honestly so simple too. We so often try to complicate the fuel needed for our body. We try to over analayze calories in, calories out; high-glycemic, low-glycemic; bad fat, good fat; good carbs, bad carbs. What it really comes down to is simply KISS.

Here are my suggestions:
  • Walk the perimeter of the store. KISS.
  • Eat lean meats and fish, add some seasoning. Yumo and KISS.
  • Eat veggies. Try a different color of vegetable every time you visit the store. KISS.
  • Eat nuts and throw some cinnamon on them. New taste and KISS.
  • Add fruit to your favorite dish for a sweet/salty combo. KISS.
Decide to decide to make 2009 Simple. CrossFit Central is the perfect avenue to make it happen. Shoot me an email if you need a grocery-shopping buddy. I am here to KISS =)

No comments:

Post a Comment