Sunday, January 25, 2009

Barbara is a B$%@!%


The .com WOD today was Barbara which consists of the following:

5 rounds for time-
20 pullups
30 pushups
40 situps
50 squats
--rest 3 minutes between each round

OH MY SOUL! Barbara is a B$%@!%. It kicked my butt.

I was so close to simply going to the gym and doing the workout and using the assisted pullup machine for my pullups. In theory, this is not bad at all. However, I looked in my mirror to put my hair into ponytail and then looking straight back at me were my goals for 2009. One of my goals is to complete multiple unassisted kipping pullups by the end of February. Clearly in order for me to do this I must practice, practice, practice and the best way for me to do this is at the CrossFit Central gym where I can go hard and fast and not have other gym-goers chat with me, get in my way as I'm attempting to do pullups, etc. Needless to say I jumped in my car, drove to CFC, and did Barbara. Mark it down--I will be able to do 10-15 unassisted pullups by the end of February.

No excuses. Make it happen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment