Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Track = clarity

"Today I will participate in life to the best of my ability. Regardless of the outcome, that makes me a winner."

One of my new favorite places is Westlake High School track. Once a week I venture out to the Hills and put myself through an explosive, interval track workout. Every once in a while I throw in bleacher runs to mix it up.

When I run, regardless if it's short or long distance, I am centered. Life makes sense. It's the quiet moments on the track when it is just me, my ipod, and the workout that I have clarity. I now schedule time in each week for these workouts because the end results--mentally and physically-- are beyond worth it. Growing up I ran track and I remember being the exact same way. There is something to be said about the peace that comes with the silence on the track, and the mental toughness to get through the workout. It is those moments that I realize I am fully participating in life with my career, relationships, fitness, and personal growth.

What physical activities center you? Post comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment