Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Butternut Squash Pancakes

I wanted to mix it up one weekend morning for breakfast so I took a combination of Zucchini Pancakes and Coach Crystal Nelson's Butternut Squash hashbrowns and made my very own Butternut Squash pancakes.

Ingredients:
1 cup of butternut squash
2 eggs
2 tsp coconut flour
Salt & pepper

Directions: I peeled the butternut squash with a potato peeler. Sliced it in pieces small enough to fit in a food processor and used the shredding part of the food processor to thinly slice the butternut squash. DO NOT food process or it is one big mush. You will have plenty left over to use throughout the week for other meals. Mix all ingredients together. Pour in a skillet greased with coconut oil or ghee and BAM-- yummy pancakes. I paired mine with bacon or chicken sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment