Monday, March 23, 2009

Gluten KILLS

On Saturday I attended CrossFit's Nutrition certification with Robb Wolf. AMAZING! I learned so much. I feel ever more equipped, armed, and ready to educate my clients on properly fueling their bodies for health, performance, and weight loss.

The biggest eye-opening realization for me was GLUTEN KILLS. It sounds extreme but after reading the research and seeing results from Robb's clients on a gluten-free diet, I was a believer. Gluten consists mainly of wheat, spelt, rye, oats, millet. All grains contain similar items; rice and corn tend to be somewhat less allergenic. Lupus, RA, Multiple Sclerosis are auto-immune diseases that have been linked with the consumption of grains.

Dairy was another big topic for the certification. There is a high linkage with autoimmunity and hyperinsulinism especially with too early of an introduction to dairy. Gut integrity appears to be the factor. Grass-fed dairy is the best when consuming dairy products.

WANTED:
5 focused, hard-working, ready-to-make-a-lifestyle-change individuals who will commit to 4 weeks of eating a Paleo/Zone gluten free diet. Contact me for more details if you are ready to feel better, look better, and perform better.

No comments:

Post a Comment