Monday, September 12, 2011

Sweet Potato Leaf

Sweet Potato leaves
 I made my very 1st trip to the Farmers Market at Barton Creek mall this past Saturday. It was one of the many things I did that morning that started my day off so well. I only had $10 cash on hand but  left with okra, fresh eggs, and a new fav--- sweet potato leafs. These greens were a great substitute to the spinach leaves I eat daily with breakfast. The nutrition facts are basically the same as spinach but provide a new twist on the meal. Check it out.

I ate mine raw coated with 1TB of almond oil, sea salt, pepper and topped with 2 eggs, chicken sausage, and avocado. I tried sauteing the stems today, but did not enjoy the end result. Too much like gnawing a piece of cud =). I only recommend eating the leaf. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment