Friday, September 16, 2011

Team PURSUIT

2 of the 6 members of Team PURSUIT sportin' CFC Endurance tanks
Have you read Strength Finders 2.0 by Tom Rath? Great book and I highly recommend it. At CrossFit Central we strive for excellence, which is rooted in our core values of Trust, Honor, Integrity, and Loyalty.

The entire staff has been split up into 4 teams, and I have the honor to work directly with Jess Clark, Heather Reed, Karen Pierce, Chels Ross, Lindsay Spurck, and Kat G. We all completed the Strengths Finders test this past weekend. It was amazing to see how spot on the test was with where we all stand.

Just this week alone, I have met with 4 of the 6 team members and learned so much about where they are going; what their up to; their dreams, desires, passion, motivation. I am blessed to work with such loyal colleagues/friends. We are called Team PURSUIT.

Playing Unbroken & Realizing Strengths Under Intense Tenancity

My Strengths are the following:
Arranger- A conductor. Figure out the best way to get things done.
Woo- Winning others over. Enjoys the challenge of meeting new people and getting them to like you.
Communication-To explain, to describe, to host, to speak in public, and to write. The need to bring ideas/events to life.
Achiever- Constant need for achievement. Everyday starts at zero.
Focus- Set goals. Needs a clear destination and knows where they are going.

For you that know me, these Strengths are right on target. I say the word, "FOCUS," daily to my clients. The Woo almost cracks me up, because I absolutely feed off the energy of meeting new people and consistently make it a game to see how many people I can meet in new settings.

Within each of Strengths, there is the flip side that does not work in my favor; however, that is the beauty of this entire training. Finding out everyone's Strengths and spending 80% of the time working in that domain versus focusing on how to "change" people to make them work more in line with what you think is best.

Time to play the Strength game.


No comments:

Post a Comment