Friday, September 2, 2011

Go, NOW.

Love my siblings! Tyler & Paige
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." -Steve Jobs (co-founder of Apple)

Conversations I've had over the past week coincide directly with the quote above. I am fortunate to have people turn to me for advice, encouragement, and a reality-check on their current job situation or to make a change NOW.

I think back to a conversation with Tyler, my brother, I had earlier this week. He is 24, ambitious, smart, dynamic, athletic, passionate and he is in a job that is absolutely opposite of his strengths. The phone call was prefaced due to a text I sent him of Kris Kepler showin' out and DJing at the Iron Belle this past weekend. Tyler responds, "You have the best job ever. I am so jealous."

Immediately I pick up the phone and call him. I believe anything is possible if you set your mind to it and DO WORK. Plan you work, work your plan. The conversation ended with a sense of urgency to make moves and start living his dream.

Yes...I am blessed to be in a career that I absolutely love at the age of 30. I praise Jesus for that opportunity. I challenge you today to follow your heart and intuition and go NOW after what you really want out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment