Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Expres YO Self

Carey Kepler talked to the Women's Indoor classes this evening for a few minutes about goals and it really got me thinking...

How do you express your self-worth? Are you going after your passions? Are you achieving your goals? How would you make your life better?

I am learning more and more each day that in order to express my self-worth, I need to learn to take care of myself. I received an email the other day that touched on this thought. Below are some insightful ideas that I am trying to apply to my own life.

1. Each day I will be grateful for what I have, and show compassion and kindness to others. I'll do something that makes me feel good. I'll tell my loved ones that I love them. I'll actually say the words, and mean it--"love you, mean it."

2. I will regularly take myself on a special outing. I'll realize that I'm worth the time and effort. I'll make sure I get enough exercise, eat sensibly, and spend time outside. I'll also do something fun with my friends and family.

3. Every month I will go over my finances and stay aware -- I'll set priorities. I'll tithe my earnings. I'll stretch my mind to learn something new.

4. Every year I will be proud of who I am. I'll celebrate my birthday, and treat my life as though it is a very precious gift - which it is. I'll remember to enjoy the here and now, for it is truly all I have.

Our sense of self-worth and learning how to express it with humility and love is vitally important. Not just for our own well-being, which is obvious, but for those we care about as well.

EXPRESS YO SELF.

No comments:

Post a Comment