Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Quotes...


Believe it to be true and meet yourself there. -- Rocky Marquette

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -- Lou Holtz

I love quotes! I think it runs in my family. Both my sister and my Dad are high school English teachers so I think a bit of their "teacheriness" rubbed off on me. I can read a one sentence quote and have a whole new perspective on a situation.

The 2 quotes above really hit home with me today. Each day I am learning more and more about myself. Digging deep. Tearing down obstacles. Tackling fears. Truly believing in my abilities and talents.

On Monday the .com WOD had heavy push presses in the workout. For a moment I thought to myself, "I can't lift 95 lbs above my head 21, 18, 15, and 12 times with 500 m rows in between each set." Thankfully that day I was surrounded by some sic fit CFCentral coaches. Very quickly Lance reminded me to adjust my attitude and go for it. He was absolutely right. I stepped up to the barbell and did it. Thank you, Lance!

Just like the quotes above state-- believe in yourself and change your attitude. It truly makes a world of difference.

1 comment: