Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Greatness


I had an epiphany yesterday. I am afraid to be great. I agree that it sounds a bit pompous or conceited but hear me out. It's easy to simply go through my daily tasks, check them off, done and done. I honestly prefer that thought process than trying something that scares me each day.

But yesterday was different. Something clicked. The light bulb got brighter. I realized I am afraid to be great because I am afraid of failure. I don't know about you, but I despise failing. I hate when I cannot do something. Rather it be a CrossFit WOD, my career, relationships, anything...I do not want to fail. Last night I decided to decide to believe in myself. To be ok with failing BUT getting right back up and trying again. Striving for greatness. Be great. Upping the ante, so to speak.

I leave you with this quote today--
"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy

(picture above: My Dad and I-- he's my hero).

1 comment:

  1. Check out the You Tube video "Failure, The Secret to Success". It was made by Honda. There are some good points made about why failing is the only path to success. You already are great IMO!

    B

    ReplyDelete